Great Tips for Loving Your Outdoor Living Spaces this Memorial Day and All Summer Long
Ways to make the most of your home’s outdoor living spaces - from your roof, to your home’s siding and so much more.
As a CertainTeed Certified ShingleMaster company, we’re excited to offer these tips for your outdoor living enjoyment. CertainTeed, offers great house exterior products like roof replacement shingles, railing, full siding, decking, exterior trim and fence product lines - all of which helps to enhance your home's curb appeal, comfort and value.
After a long, cold winter, most people are ready for Memorial Day, which usually indicates the official start of summer (even if it feels like summer in Houston much sooner than that). With BBQ, pool parties and outdoor summer fun right around the corner, you might be considering sprucing up your home’s exterior and property prior to the heat becoming overwhelming.
Here is how you can get the most out of your outdoor living space:
- Raise the roof - A tough and harsh winter can impact the integrity of your home’s roof. Have a certified roofing contractor like Monarch inspect your roof for damaged, cracked or loose shingles.
- Don’t sully the soil - April showers may bring May flowers, but that same water can also flood and damage outdoor living spaces. Avoid water damage to your yard and home’s foundation by filling low areas in the yard with compact soil.
- Summer safeguard - A rainy forecast will never affect a Memorial Day party with a CertainTeed UnderShield® water diversion system – a great complement to vinyl decking and railing, it provides a functional outdoor living space and protects against water damage.
- Backyard bonfires – Fire pits used to be composed of a single metal ring, but the demand for unique and custom-made outdoor accessories has led to many new and varying designs and styles. You can find pits in myriad sizes and materials, making an enduring addition that allows for fun backyard get-togethers.
- Imagination inspiration – Easily envision CertainTeed product combinations with an extensive design tool collection offered at www.certainteed.com/idea-center. You can also get inspiration for your home with CertainTeed’s newly revamped CurbAppeal App.
Monarch Roofing can update your home’s exterior with any of these great products. Contact us to discuss ideas, explore options and bring your home to life with great new look.
CertainTeed has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is one of North America’s leading brands of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings. For six consecutive years, the company has received top honors from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its contributions in protecting the environment and was most recently the recipient of the 2014 ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award.